When we’re on a budget the first thing to go is all the pre-made dips and fancy foods. If you’re into checking prices you already know that the Whole Foods guacamole, while delicious, is bloody expensive! Making homemade gauc is super easy and worth the effort. Here’s our current fave recipe:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Juice of 1 lemon / lime
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of EVOO
- Handful of cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup of corn (optional)
- Chop onion and put in a large bowl. Soak in the apple cider vinegar for 5-10 minutes. This “quick pickle” approach will take the edge off the onion. This is the secret ingredient!
- Cut the avos and to the bowl with the onions and stir will while roughly mashing with a fork. Immediately add the juice of the lemon.
- Add the tomatoes, oil and salt + any other ingredients stir well
- Keep in the fridge until ready to eat
- Watch it disappear 🙂
One thought on “Wicked good gauc!”