This is NOT one of those recipes that claims to be a “30 minute meal” but actually takes more like 90 minutes once you factor in prep and cleaning. The prep for this three bean chili is super easy and the cook time is literally 5 minutes. No joke, you can throw this bean chili together in 20 minutes, including clean-up! It’s literally so easy to make a toddler could do it. Joel loves helping to rinse the beans and dump all the veggies into the instant pot. This saucy bean base is so adaptable you can serve it over rice, as tacos, as a filling for quesadillas. So many delicious varieties. Our favorite is as a taco bowl topped off with a slightly runny egg & lots of GAUC. Yum! Here’s how to make it..
- A few tablespoons of coconut oil / avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 onions
- 2 bell peppers (we usually use red & orange)
- 1 can (8oz) pinto beans
- 2 can (8oz) black beans
- 1 can (8oz) kidney beans
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- salt (season to taste)
- Dice the onion and the peppers and set them aside.
- Turn the instant pot onto sauté mode and add all the spices & the oil
- Once the instant pot is nice and hot the spices are sizzling add the onions and peppers. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Turn off sauté mode by pushing the cancel button.
- Drain & rinse the beans. Add them to the instant pot.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, corn & salt.
- Stir it all together. Push the manual button and set to 5 minutes.
- Release pressure! Serve up!!